2-lb pkg of frozen shredded hash browns
1 can (10 ¾ oz.) cream of chicken soup
1/2 soup can milk
1 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup crumbs*
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
· Heat oven to 350 deg.
· Thaw frozen potatoes
· Place potatoes in a greased 2-3 quart casserole dish or a 9x13 cake pan.
· Combine soup, milk, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. For a creamier dish, add 2-3 tablespoons additional milk. Mix well. Spread sauce over potato/onion mixture.
· Melt butter and combine with crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over mixture.
· Sprinkle cheese over mixture.
· Bake uncovered at 325 deg F for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly throughout.
· This recipe serves approximately 8, and is often served with ham and green beans.
*Many things can be used for crumbs, such as corn flakes or Chex cereal, bread crumbs, French's fried onions, or potato chips).